There’s plenty of stale career advice out there: Go the extra mile. Do what you love. Always be the first one there and the last to leave. Here are eight things that change your life in one year.
1. Stop complaining and appreciate how lucky you are in every day.
2. Embrace loneliness and reinvent yourself in the process.
3. Say goodbye to the people that don’t bring positive energy into your life.
4. Throw off the TV and set internet controls.
5. Pick one skill you want to cultivate and put all your effort into developing it.
6. Commit to the goals you set and never look back.
7. Sweat every day to boost your mood.
8. Fail forward. Learn from every mistake you make.